Pages

Saturday 21 May 2016

She could not speak English!

On Friday the 13th of May after school, my family and I went to North Shore to welcome back my cousin who came from Peru and had a celebration with her. I was very excited to see her because I have not seen her for a long time. She left for two years and had not come back til now.

When we got there, we gave her a kiss. Her sister was there to. They were both excited to see my mum and us. When we came inside the hall, it was full of purple balloons. There was also a DJ. He played loud and pop music. After two songs my aunt, four cousins of mine and I danced to the beat of some remixed music.

Then we started our celebration programme. The hall was full because they had not seen her for a long, long time. The first thing we did was all the people who made their own lolly necklaces, went up to her and put them around her neck. There were too many necklaces on her neck that they nearly covered her head, so we had to take some off.

Next the DJ played more songs for everyone to gather on the dance floor so everyone could join. He played more than ten songs. Than he played a tangelo song for all the husbands and wives to dance. Our cousin did the tangelo dance with my other cousin. (Male) They danced gracefully.

Eventually, we listened to our cousin's speech. She said her speech in Spanish because she went to the temple in Peru, they only had to talk in Spanish. She speaks Spanish fluently. She could not talk in English or Tongan because she lived most of her life in Peru. She went to Peru to become a nun. She just came back here to celebrate her 21st birthday.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount to describe my weekend celebrating my cousin's 21st birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment