Pages

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Happy birthday baby!

On Saturday the 27th of August, my family and I went to the Mangere hall to celebrate my niece's first birthday. We left our house at 11:00 o'clock in our eight seater van.

Image result for one
Image result for birthday cartoon firstBefore we went to my niece's birthday, we went to the church in Mangere to meet up with my cousin. When we reached the church, we hopped off to go and give my cousin a kiss on the cheek. My dad spoke with him while we ate peanut and lollies in the van. Then my dad turned over to my mum and asked my cousin if he wanted to have a sleepover at my house on Friday night and then go back to his house Sunday afternoon. My mum agreed with dad and said, "That's a good idea."

After that we went to the Mangere hall on Buckland road which started at 1:00 o'clock in the afternoon. As soon as my dad had parked our car, I ran out to my auntie who was holding the birthday girl and took her and gave her as many kisses as I could. While I giving her some kisses, my cousin called from upstairs for me to go and dance with her but I shook my head to show that I didn't want.

Soon, the birthday party started and I got my cousin's phone because she asked me to take some photos for everyone. I went and sat down in front of everyone and took as many pictures as I could. I took photos of my niece walking into the hall with my auntie. After they walked inside the door, I snapped a photo of them both looking at me. Next it was time for my uncle to say our karakia and our food grace for us.

Then it was time for the birthday girl to blow out the candles on her cake. Before the birthday girl blew out the candles, we all shouted, "Make a wish baby!"  and sang the Happy Birthday song. Next we went and filled our plate with food to take back to our table to enjoy.

Soon, it was time for our final blessing which my uncle said for us all. While the other families were leaving, my family helped out with putting away the chairs. As soon as I stacked twenty chairs, I went outside to hold the birthday girl. I walked with her to the park and swung on the swing.

I had such a fun time meeting my cousin, going to my niece's birthday and taking photos of my cousin, the birthday girl and me on my cousin's phone.

My favourite part of the day was when my cousin, the birthday girl and I took photos because I thought we both looked so beautiful.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our recount.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use adjectives to describe the time with my family meeting my cousin and going to my niece's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment