Pages

Thursday 24 March 2016

Have you moved houses before?

On Saturday the 19th of March, I was helping my family to move everything from our old house. I was very excited, I was doing my job quickly because I wanted to move into the house right away.

While we were grabbing the items from the lounge, I tried to catch my breath but I couldn't because the items were really heavy. I kept on asking if we could have a little break, but they said "We need to get these things in the car because we only have this week to take all the things from here to the new house." I tried my best to catch my breath. I took five more deep breaths, but it did not work.

Then my parents and I went to the new house to take all the things and put them in the garage. My mum and I stayed there while the others went back to bring the rest of the things over. I felt a bit nervous staying at the new house because it is unfamiliar to me. However I'm sure I will get used to it soon. My mum asked me if I wanted to stay and I said, "Yes." Then my dad left with the trailer to go back to our old house. My mum and I talked about where we should put some of our things.

My mum and I discussed which room we wanted and we chose the big room for us my sister Anna my cousin and I to sleep in. Soon my dad and the others came back and I had to go and open up the garage to place all the things inside. My dad made more trips back and forth. Soon, the garage was filled with our things and it was getting dark so I said to my mum, "I think this is enough for tonight because the garage is very full."

Then my dad came back with my cousin and a pot of food for our dinner. After that my sister and my other siblings arrived and we had dinner together. my sister and I had to sit on the ground because all the chairs were taken. We had teriyaki chicken, steamed  kumara and fish and chips. I was the first person to be finished eating. I asked my parents if we could all have our first night at the new house to see  how it feels. Mum and dad agreed to what I suggested.

So we all stayed over and had a great laugh before we went to sleep. We all woke up the next morning and went outside to see who was around and it was our neighbours. They have three children and we introduced ourselves to each other. I really enjoyed sleeping over at the new house because it felt was as if we were sleeping at the old house. Another favourite part of the sleepover for me was  I had a great loud hiccups and a loud sneeze. It was so funny that we all had a good laugh.

Learning Intention: We are learning to write a recount using the correct structure.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write the orientation, followed by the events and then a conclusion about my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment