Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2016

I love chicken soup!

On Saturday my family and I had a big family feed at my Uncles house in Pakuranga. My aunty called for us to go over. My aunty said that we will have a meeting and also a family feed.

When we arrived, my aunty shouted ''Quickly, the meeting will be starting soon.'' We rushed  inside the house and my uncle started our opening prayer. It was a song and it was translated in Tongan. The song was called 'Our Father.' My uncle was the priest for the day, so he lead us with our prayers. All of our opening prayers were translated in Tongan because some of our family members couldn't speak or understand English.

Next, while my uncle said our food grace, my mum,aunties,cousins, and I helped to get the food ready so when the karakia ended we served the food straight away so they won't have to wait for their food. When we were serving the food they told me that it was very tiring serving the food all the way to the lounge because they wanted to eat in the kitchen. We had chicken soup with casava and kumara for lunch.

After that we played on the PS3. I asked if I could go first. I played NBA with my cousins while the adults were having a laugh in the lounge waiting got my other siblings to arrive. I lost the game, but I still had fun. My cousin was shouting and dancing because he wont the game.

After our game, I saw my brother holding a baby and when I looked closely it was my nieces Aavery and Melanie. I asked if I could hold them both, but Melanie didn't want me to hold her so I held Aavery. Soon we went to my mum to ask for some food so we could fee Aavery and Melanie.

After we got the food it was time for my brother to feed my nieces. Out of blue, my mum shouted ''Come here and help your aunty do the dishes.'' I helped with drying the dishes and my funny cousin put the dishes away with my other cousin. There was a lot of dishes to do so we were very tired at the end.

At the end of the day, we all said a big ''THANK YOU!'' to my aunty and uncle for making the food for us. We also said another big ''THANK YOU!'' for letting us play on the PS3. After that when we arrived home, I also did the dishes, with my mum and my sister.

My favourite part of the day was when I was playing in the PS3 with my cousins because it was a fun competition.

Learning Intention: We are learning to write a recount using the correct structure.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I write an orientation, followed by the events and then a conclusion about my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment