Pages

Thursday 2 June 2016

Bring that cake to me please!

On Saturday 28th of May, my mum's, dad's family and I went to the Valentines in Pakuranga to celebrate my sister's special graduation day. Everyone had a ticket with their name on it. It was packed full of people.

Everyone looked beautiful wearing their dress up clothes. We all had to go inside very quickly except the graduation girl because we had to welcome her into the restaurant. She wore her beautiful back gown and her hat. My cousin's and I clapped so loud that our hands turned hot and red.

After that, the M.C asked all the people who were sitting at the front to stand near the microphone and introduce themselves. The people who sat at the front table were my mum's two brothers, my dad's niece, my sister and the priest. We were all so happy that she past level 7.

Soon my uncle (the M.C) announced for my mum's family to go up and do the cake ceremony. My mum called my three cousins and my other sister to go up.  My sister was the one who said the speech, while the other two held the cake. My sister said, "I just want to wish Latah a congratulation pea koe keke koeni oku foaki ia ma'a Latah mei a Mafi." (Translation: This cake is given by my dad's niece Mafi.) The cake looked so delicious that all my cousins and I wanted to eat it straight away.

Next, it was time fro my uncle Milemoti to say our eating prayer for us all. Soon all the kids, men and everyone else got up to go and get their food. There was a long line that ended near the entrance door, so we had to scoop our food that we wanted very quickly.

While we were eating, my three sisters performed their dance. It was a dance that they had learnt from youtube. The song was called 'Lau Samoa.' (which is my favourite Samoan song.)

I had crunchy hot chips with white soft rice and one drumb stick with creamy butter chicken on my plate. When all of my cousins from my mum's side and I took a big bite from our plates, we all said, "Mmmm" because it was so delicious. There were a lot of money on them from their dancing and I was very jealous. There were only three more dances left after that and it was from my dad's side of the family.

Soon it was time to take photos. The first ones to take the photos were the priest, my parents and the graduation girl. Everyone had a turn taking photos with the graduation girl. All the photos were nice and clear. Adults used their phones to take photos as well.

Before long, it was time for everyone to leave. We all helped the owner to stack the chairs and vacuum the floor. Then we said, "Thank you!" to the owner and also to the chiefs. I felt very proud of my sister because she graduated from university. She is now looking for a job. I also felt really happy because it was the best graduation ceremony that I've been to.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the correct structure of a recount to write my sister's graduation celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment