Pages

Thursday 23 June 2016

Let's go shopping!

Image result for Clothes kids cartoonDuring the weekend, my cousin and I went to the warehouse to buy some clothes for ourselves because we earned some money for doing chores for my sister. We were so excited about shopping for our clothes because she said that we could buy anything that we wanted.


We walked and walked until we got to the clothing section. She told me to go to the entrance and grab a trolley so that we didn't have to hold the clothes while we were shopping. While I was gone, she counted how long it took me to get the trolley. She said that I only took a minute. I  looked for her and I saw her waving at me. It took me a little while to spot her.


We chose a lot of beautiful clothes. We chose jeans that were fitting and smooth. We chose T-shirts that had sloping letters that we couldn't read. My cousin whispered to me, "We are not going to to share our clothes to anyone." I laughed so loud that  the people from the other side could hear me.


Next we went to the footwear section. We tried on the shoes that we liked before we placed them into the trolley. The shoes were beautiful because the colours matched with the clothes that we chose. Both of us said, "You suit that!" to each other when we tried on the shoes. After a while, my cousins' phone rang and it was my aunty. She was screaming on the phone so loud that my cousin hung up the phone while she was talking.


After that we went to the counter so that we could pay for the items that we have chosen.  The lady scanned our items very quickly and we whispered, quietly to each other and said, "I want to do that!" Just then, the phone rang, but my cousin just left the phone ringing and she was a bit embarrassed because people were looking at her.


When we went back to the car, my aunty was so jealous that she said she will steal our clothes when it is on the washing line. As soon as we arrived back home we sneaked back to the room where we sleep and hid the clothes and shoes inside our cupboard. I laughed quietly so that my sister (who was next door) wouldn't hear us.


I felt happy because I now have more clothes and shoes to wear.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use language feature in our recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use past tense to describe my shopping trip with my cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment